While I was doing my rounds to find some stray dogs to feed nearby where I live, I stumble upon a mother and her kitten. The mother cat look lost. I saw a box nearby, afraid that someone dumped them in there and there's more kittens in there. But there aren't any. Just a trace of fried fish.
I got near them and the mother cat came first. Yes she looked really confused. She can't really see. Her left eye was shut completely. It seems like there was something on it. While the right eye, not sure she's having eye problem or she is like that since small. She sniffed the kibbles but didn't eat much. Still looked confused.
While the kitten, s/he was really skinny with bloated stomach. Maybe due to worms. S/he's having diarrhea. S/he walked really weird. Her/his eyes were not severe like his/her mum. S/he looks really hungry. Kept on meowing wanting to eat the kibbles but it was too hard and too big for him/her to swallow. When I walked towards my car, s/he followed me while meowing his/her lungs out. I'm truly sorry. I can't take you guys in. When I stopped, s/he stop as well and turned around walked toward his/her mother.
If I want to assume I can. I can assume that they were recently abandoned because both of them are sick. Please, it is still considered as cruelty when you abandoned your pets. If you can't commit till their last breath, when they are sick, when you have every problems carried by you, don't have a pet in the first place. It is a life time commitment. They only have you, you are their world.
Abandonment is cruelty.
No comments:
Post a Comment