Yesterday or should I say twp days ago since it's already 2.20 in the morning, I tried to introduce Astro and Grey together. I placed both of them in a separate cage and placed the cage in front of each other with a safe distance. Astro was good. He did not hiss or growl at Grey. It's just his nose keep on sniffing a new smell; Grey's smell. But Grey, I think he don't like being in a small confine place plus a new male that he met eye to eye, so he keep on meowing. Both Astro's and Grey's fur on their spine raised up. Luckily not their whole body. After two minutes I guess, I placed Grey back inside his room and after that I let Astro out. Sophie wasn't in any cage or carrier, she was at her 'observation tower', observing Astro and Grey. I'm not too worried about Sophie meeting a new cat. Because she will do no harm to the new cat. She just want to have good distance with the new cat. Sooner or later she will be fine with the new cat but not as close as with Astro.
Yesterday I did the same too. Astro tried to reach Grey by taking his hand out of the cage. But I placed them in a safe distance so that they cannot grab each other with their claws. Will try to reduce the distance slowly. I thought today shall be better than yesterday's introduction. I'm not sure whether Sophie or Astro did growl a bit. Sophie wasn't in a cage but she sit nearby Astro's cage. The session last not as long as the first session although the first session is not that long. Nevermine, will try again and again until they can be together or until Grey's adopter pick him up
No comments:
Post a Comment