Friday, 8 February 2013

The Shades That Grey Have

Grey used to be a stray below my apartment nearby a Thai restaurant. Sometime last year, I brought him to the vet because he was limping. Since he's already at the vet, why not he get neutered too. So he did. And I released him back to the place where he live. He was very garang when I first brought him to the vet. After sometime, I tried to get near him. I feed him, talk to him, tried to play with him etc. After few months, he knows me and sometimes let me touch him. Although most of the time he will bite and scratch me.

Grey

So one day, for the first time I saw him pee-ing at the sand. For about 5 minutes, he dig few holes to pee. And I was like, maybe he have Feline Lower Urinary Tract Disease ( FLUTD ). That's dangerous. I thought the food I gave him makes him having FLUTD. My bad. So I did brought him to the vet. Since he's a stray and the time I saw him urinate was the first time, Grey has been admitted for few days to be monitored by the vets. When the vet and I check on him, the tip of his penis was black in colour. After two days, I came back to the vet and the vet said that Grey don't have any problem urinating. Grey's SG level is kinda low. So the vet wanted to try special food on him. So he stayed in the vet for another one week. Once in a while I did went to the vet to check on him. He was a good boy and the vet assure me that Grey is ready to be adopted by someone. 

After that one week, I released Grey back to his usual place but will feed him with the urinary diet the vet gave me. He need to eat the urinary diet kibbles for two weeks and after that, need to check his SG level again. If his SG level is normal, he don't need to eat the urinary diet kibbles again. After few days he came back, I thought, why not I fostered him for two weeks and find an adopter for him in the mean time. So I brought him to the vet to be vaccinated, deworm and microchipped. Inside my house, Grey stayed in my bed room while Astro and Sophie can roam around the house except my bed room. 

Grey's IC

At first, Grey know nothing playing cat toys. He even don't know how to mingle with human. Maybe the only way he know is by scratching and bitting. That's why I've been scratched and bit many times while trying to play with him. Day by day, I introduced him with plenty of toys available at the pet shop for him to play. On the first day he was just staring at the toy, don't know what to do. After two weeks, there's plenty of improvement. He still don't know how to use the scratching post. But he did scratched on the base of the scratching post. Funny Grey.

There are few people contact me to adopt Grey. Only one of them, pass the interview. I did some interview so that I will hand over Grey to a reliable family. Not just to give him to any family and then one day he's back on the street again. This lady wanted me to test Grey for FeLV / FiV test first. If both of it are negative, there's high chances her family will adopt Grey. After two weeks Grey has been vaccinate, I brought him back to the vet to test his urine and also his blood for the FeLV and FiV. The results are, both are negative. So he's free from any disease and his SG level went normal again. My concern is just the tip of his penis is still black. The vet said maybe because of injury before this. So far as long he urinate like normal, should be fine.

The plan is tomorrow I will send him to the adopter. But the adopter is having some situation now, if tomorrow cancelled. Maybe later.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment