On Saturday, I went to pick Cookie from her fosterer's house. We headed to Healing Rooms Subang Jaya. The first 10 minutes car ride, Cookie vomited. Less than 20 minutes after that, she vomited again. Maybe she have a car sick syndrome. There's not much traffic in going to Healing Rooms that day.
Cookie's been the centre of attention that day. Who can resist that cute puppy face of hers. While I was waiting for my turn, came a mother, her son and their dog. The son asked me, 'are you a Malay?'. He looks confused. Confidently I say yes. I hope his mother explain why. Later he was touching Cookie while her mother talk to the vet. When the vet examined Cookie, she gave us a good news that day. Since Cookie's wound is healing nicely, the leg doesn't need to be amputated. Yayy!! I just need to find or make a shoe and socks for her so that the deformed leg sort of have padding on it and make it same height with the other leg. She also got her 1st vaccination that day.
Next we went to Gasing Vet for a consultation. The vet there also said that the leg doesn't need to be amputated. Just get a socks and a shoe for her. Like what the vet at Healing Rooms said. When I was on the front desk, one of the assistant there look at me and Cookie in awe. She was talking in Tamil to her colleagues. I ask them why. Her colleagues said that she sort of stunning when she saw me touching a dog. I explained a bit to her that we can touch dogs. Its just if one of us or both of us is wet when touching, the person who touch the dog need to cleanse himself like what Islamic way of teaching told us to do ( samak ). It's just people's perception in things that makes them thinks that way for generations! While waiting for clearance of bill, a family of three came to speak to the vet at the counter. The daughter said to the son that the dog ( Cookie ) is smelly. Well, I told her this puppy used to be a stray dog, that's why she smelled. With good bath, love and care, she'll be much more beautiful than the rest of the puppy where people buy at pet shops ( well I didn't say this but I intended to say tho ).
After Gasing, we went to Yeoh Vet for consultation too. Like the previous two vets, this vet also say the same. She asked whether I want to make an x-ray to see whether Cookie have bone infection or not. I was not sure about that but by the look at the vet's face, I think x-ray is unnecessary. She also said it's for reference for the future. Naaahh! I'll pass.
Before sending Cookie back to her fosterer's home, we went to Kota Damansara; to buy some bandages and also bringing Cookie to visit Num at her store ( Petzone ). There was a family inside there buying stuff and was talking to Num. When they saw me with Cookie, the mum was in real shocked. She said 'anjing' means dog in a very shocking voice. Her daughters also looks frightened when they saw Cookie. They back up a bit. I cannot say much about that. It's people's perception. When the family went out, Num gave Cookie some treats but she chew a bit and spit it out again for several times. Maybe the treat is quite hard for her. We chat a bit and later we went to the fosterer's home.
Inside the car nearby the fosterer's house, I pick up Jackie and she was looking outside. Uncle John's uncle was walking outside the car and she was like want to run together with them. She looked so excited. We went to the fosterer's home and Cookie pee-ed there. She did not say she want to pee or make some hint for me. Or maybe it's just me who don't know the hint. She looks very cute. She tried to chase her fosterer's other dog but the leash enable her to do it. I did told the fosterer about what the vet said about Cookie and I will try to make/buy a shoe for her. Didn't spend much time there as I need to go back early. Enjoy the photos.
Yeah I know that the collar is quite big for her but that's the smallest one I can get.
The cat hissed at Cookie
2 out of 3 of the fosterer's dogs.
You are so wonderful. . .
ReplyDeleteI'm just trying to do whatever I can to help the furbabies.. :)
ReplyDelete