I came back to my parents at Tanjong Malim and went for feeding around the wet market like I always do when I went back. Suddenly I saw a puppy, she don't have her paw on her right hind leg. I called her, gave her kibbles while I looked at her injury. At first I thought someone tie something on her leg. No it was not. It looks to me like someone had cut her leg.
Monday, 27th August 2012
I have no first aid kit for animals at my house or my car. So I went to Watson to buy some. They don't have much. So I bought a bandage and a clear cellophane type thingy. Tried to catch the puppy but she thought I was playing with her. Yeah, many people stopped their car to look what I was doing with the puppy. That disgusts look. Tried to placed a bandage on her wound, but she ran away with it. Cannot use the bandage any more since it has touched the ground. Then there's came this one lady asking me what I was doing. I told her and she lend me a hand in treating the puppy. I applied gamat jelly on her wound. That's all I have. I also remove some very small ticks inside her ear. She have plenty of ticks here and there. Especially the small one. With picture I took below, I emailed Malaysian Dogs Deserve Better's Online Adoption Centre to find a fosterer or adopter for this puppy after I bring her to the vet later on Wednesday. The earliest I can go to KL is on Wednesday. So I tried my best in helping this puppy for the time being. After I emailed Malaysian Dogs Deserve Better, they place the ad and I shared the ad here ad there.
Can you see that leg? Sorry, a bit blurry.
Tuesday, 28th August 2012
I managed to get a surgical glove and few other stuff at a better pharmacy. Like the day before, the puppy thought I was playing with her. She ran here and there. Plus another puppy bigger than her also join the 'game'. Very cute but a bit stressful since I can't manage to get near her. She even bite the gamat jelly bottle. She thought it was a toy to play. Then I realise a security guard was looking at us. So I asked him to help me to treat the puppy. He did, he hold the puppy and I applied gamat jelly, padding for the leg and also wrap it with bandage. The puppy didn't like it. I know. But it was for your own good dear. While I was treating the puppy, I told the security guard about what I thought about the puppy and also my intention in bringing the puppy to KL to be treated. Before going back home, I bought a can of wet food for puppy as a bait on Wednesday when I want to take her.
Someone message me on facebook. He said if no one willing to adopt or foster this puppy, he will foster her. Alhamdulillah. He is well known with the name Papa Meow. He also have a blog.
I don't know how to place the bandage. So I did my best. That's the result.
Wednesday, 29th August 2012
I've prepared everything and alhamdulillah Allah ease my journey that day. I made a clicking sound calling her and out of no where she ran towards me. I placed her inside a carrier and place some wet food for her. I didn't use the wet food as a bait though. She just came. All the way from Perak to Subang Jaya she did not bark at all. But she vomited twice. Maybe because of 'mabuk kereta'.
She was infect sleeping almost all the time.
When we reach Healing Rooms Veterinary Subang Jaya, she remain silent. By the way I named her Cookie. I post on facebook if anyone can suggest me any name and Kak Diyana suggest to name her Cookie. Like always, I'm a failure in naming pets. So I stick to that name. It's a cute name for a cute dog.
So the dog was 90% sure that it is not someone chopped off her paw. It's a deformation since birth. Pheww!! When she opened the bandage that I did on Cookie, there's puss there. Indicated there's a bit of infection. Because she drag the leg or accidentally drag it, the wound appear. She said it's better to amputate the leg since the leg might get injury if she accidentally drag it. Puss will come out and she need to rely on antibiotics. Long term usage of antibiotics will harm her kidney. She taught me to how to apply dressing to the wound. I told her that Cookie already have a fosterer. She said that to tell the fosterer what medicine to give to Cookie, change the dressing daily and stuff. Cookie need to be double in size first before she can under go the operation. So the earliest time to do the surgery is one month ( 4 weeks ) from now which is 26th September 2012. The vet gave extra dressing for 2/3 days before I buy some by myself to give to the fosterer.
The puss on her wound.
Awww~ She's too cute.
Quite cold I think. This picture was taken after the vet applied dressing on the wound.
Later that day, I went to Papa Meow's house with guidance from Kak Rina. At first she said she will guide me there but she have meetings to attend, so she just guide me through phone. Yes I did lost a bit there. Alhamdullillah I manage to reach there although it was quite late. Almost 6 pm or after 6 pm. I can't remember.
Papa meow was quite busy when I reached his home. While he's settling up some stuff, I played with Cookie a bit. I opened the door of the carrier. She placed her hand on mine. I rub her a bit and place her hand back on the floor ( of the carrier ). But she placed her hand again on mine. Then she looked at me with those eyes. Felt like crying that time. She love to be belly rubbed. When I opened the top of her carrier, I rubbed her belly and she loves it. She bite my finger once in a while and hold them with it's to ticklish for her. She's too cute.
Came Papa Meow's friend. We don't chat much. I don't know what to say!!! Seriously I'm not that friendly at first. Sooner or later if I get comfortable with that person, I talk A LOT! His friend said that Cookie want to pee. Cookie keep on doing this one strange sound. Seriously I have no idea about dogs at all!
When I wanted to go back, Papa Meow said I can let Cookie roaming around for a while there at the verandah. So I did. She keep on smelling here and there, ate some cat kibbles and suddenly she peed on Papa Meow's 'tikar mengkuang'. Homai~ Cookie darling...
I manage to go to Petzone Kota Damansara's branch to buy some stuff for Cookie and aso buy some dressing at a pharmacy near by. At the pet shop, the owner of the shop who is Num, helped me a lot! I told her about Cookie and she did told me about dog and puppy. Bought few necessaries stuff for Cookie. I'm not sure whether Cookie will use/eat it or not. Just in case.
Thursday, 30th August 2012
Went to Papa Meow's place to give the stuff I bought for Cookie. I did saw her playing with other dogs and cats. She love to walk around there. I placed her on my lap and she keep on wanting to lick my face. I tried my best not to let her lick my face. But she lick my hand instead. She sat there without any hesitation. I'm gonna miss you buddy.
This picture was taken and edited by Papa Meow.
Look how happy she is.
I know you're in a good hand Cookie.

No comments:
Post a Comment