Last week on Thursday morning when I was feeding the puppy, I saw something on the adult female dog's back. I thought it was just some kibbles tuck on her fur or something stuck there. When I was about to remove it. Shockingly it were ticks. OMG!! I was totally shock. I don't know what to do. I was afraid that she might get tick fever. I never ever encounter a dog with ticks ever in my life. So I text my vet. She said if the eye looks good, she'll can go with tick collar first.
So that afternoon after class, I bought a collar for her and also plastic cover to cover my car's back seat. I've set up everything. I tried to put the collar on her. She refuse. I tried to pick her up, she's too heavy for me. When I manage to put the collar and harness on her, she refuse to get inside the car. Stressful situation for me and her. She just don't want to get into the car. After few fail attempts, I gave up for that day. I don't want to stress her even more. Plus the vet will be closed for iftar soon. So I opened her collar and she ran happily without it. OK my bad. She's not used wearing a collar. Like my cats, they will try their best to remove the collar that I put on them.
Then I went to feed the puppy. The adult female dog followed me while wagging her tail. Seriously I was confused. Is she ok? I don't know. As long as she's happy. Later that night I did ask my friends in my volunteer group about this lady. One of them said to get a type of medicine from the vet and can be spray to the dog. Within few application, the ticks will fall off. Another one said that she can help me to carry the dog inside my car. Walawei!! Such a stubborn dog. Maybe she's just not use to get into the car I guess. I asked advise from my vet what can I do in the mean time. She said buy a Killtix or Frontline Spot On for her to prevent her from keep on scratching.
The next day, Friday. I went to Nilufar, a pet shop at Jalan Klang Lama to buy my cats litter sand. I asked them do they have Kiltix. They do. But Kiltix is in collar shape. No I don't want the dog to wear a collar. Cause someone new to that area might say that she is a lost dog or something. I also don't want to use Frontline because if ever Frontline been applied to a dog or a cat, the dog or cat shouldn't get her/his bath 2 days prior and 2 days after the medication been applied. Well, she's a stray dog. So she have high tendency to get wet. Thus the sales girl showed me a product named Biospotix, made from France. I've read somewhere about this Biospotix thing. It is a natural product, no chemical were added and it will not harm the animal nor human when get in contact with the liquid. So I decided to buy the spray bottle of 500ml. I paid that for RM76 after 5% discount. I went straight to my parents after that.
Kiltix. Varies in size
Frontline spot on for dogs.
Biospotix spray for dogs.
*pictures credit to Mr Google
On Sunday I came back and I spray it onto her. She didn't like it. Maybe she thought I was trying to abuse her. No sayang, I was trying to treat you. I spray on the ticks and also on the place where there's a lot of fleas crawling. Seriously I saw may fleas crawling back and front of her body. She did walk a bit funny after I spray onto her. She don't want me to get near to her. So I just leave her and came back in the evening to see how she's doing. Everything went well.
Yesterday, when I took a walk with her, she scratch less and less compared before I sprayed Biospotix onto her. I guess it did work. So I'm going to spray onto her again in the mean time before going to the vet.



No comments:
Post a Comment